University Health Center offers sports medicine services for patients suffering from sports related injuries and conditions including but not limited to the body's muscular, skeletal, and nervous systems. Sports medicine services at UHC utilize a contemporary, active care approach while enlisting traditional, proven treatment methods to relieve pain and restore functionality.
Services We Provide
- Sports Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Athletic Injury Avoidance Programs
- Treatment of the Elite, Amateur and Adolescent Athletes
- Sports Specific Conditioning, Enhancement and Therapeutic Exercise Programs
- Traditional Chiropractic Treatment
- Soft Tissue Manipulation including:
- Graston Technique
- Myofascial Release Technique
- Team Physician Coverage/On-Site Sports Evaluation
- Pre-Participation Sports Physicals Evaluations
- Nutrition and Fitness Counseling
- Custom Foot Orthopedic Fitting
- Taping and Bracing
- Provide Educational Workshops for Teams, Community and other Health Care Providers
Conditions We Treat
- Restoring injured or dysfunctional areas and improving range of motion
- Acute and Chronic Neuro-Musculo-Skeletal Conditions
- Neck, Mid & Lower Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Arm & Elbow injuries
- Hand & Wrist Pain
- Hip and Pelvis Pain
- Knee Pain
- Ankle and Foot Injuries
University Health Center are based on the university teaching model. This means that each UHC is staffed by experts in the chiropractic field who utilize their expertise to provide you with the best possible care available. Our staff trains and educates pre- and post-graduate doctors of chiropractic, who assist in the care of patients at UHC.
Unlike your typical private practice, each UHC conducts an ongoing quality assurance program that helps ensure the highest standards of care. Because of our commitment to quality, all patient care is personally supervised by a licensed doctor of chiropractic who is well versed in the latest and most advanced treatment techniques personally supervises all patient care.
For further information on Sports Medicine services offered at University Health Center-Whittier, call us at (562) 943-7125. You may also email us at email@example.com for the assistance.
You may also visit American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physician (ACBSP) for further information on Chiropractic Sports Medicine.
Sports Medicine practitioners at your service:
- Richard Cheung, DC - Director
- Jannet Gonzalez, DC
- Eric Shane, DC
- Keri Andrew, DC
- Ryan Garcia